Known as the ‘Gateway to Muskoka’ (it was from here that vacationers traditionally started their steamship journey to the regions’ resorts and cottages), the historic town of Gravenhurst offers an eclectic mix of shopping opportunities.
Much of the fun can be had on the town’s main street where you’ll find art galleries, cottage décor, fashion boutiques and gift shops, as well as on the town’s attractive Muskoka Wharf area overlooking Lake Muskoka.
Here are some of LuxuryMuskoka‘s favourite Gravenhurst shopping spots:
- Arts at the Albion – Located in downtown Gravenhurst’s historic Albion Hotel (one of the last surviving such hotels in Ontario), this artist collective offers everything from custom jewelry to Muskoka-themed art, sculpture and handcrafts.
- Gem & Dia Jewellers – One of Muskoka’s leading jewelers, Gem & Dia has been offering both custom made and leading brand jewelry for more than 20 years.
- Muskoka Bay Clothing – This well-established fashion boutique in the downtown core has been serving locals and cottagers alike since 2003. Popular lines and luxury brands for women, men and children include Joseph Ribkof, Lineaa Domani and AuNoir, to name but a few.
- Rustix Design – As owner and designer Stanley Marshall likes to say, “It’s amazing what you can do with a bunch of sticks.” See for yourself at this eclectic décor and furniture store on Gravenhurst’s main drag, Muskoka Road South, where savvy shoppers can snap up unique handcrafted cabinets, tables, and chairs, along with rustic cabin style accessories.
- The Muskoka Store – As iconic as a Muskoka moose, this store has been a big draw for shoppers for decades due to its fine selections of cottage wear and sporting equipment.
- The Shipyards – Located in the heart of Gravenhurst’s Muskoka Wharf project, The Shipyards is unique in that it offers goods for sale from a variety of vendors, many of them Muskoka-based such as Yummies in a Jar, The Nutty Chocolatier and Tilley Endurables.