Muskoka Brewery has worked hard to ensure its name is synonymous with cottage country. Founded in Bracebridge in 1996, the company focuses on brewing high-quality innovative craft beers that are not only free of additives and preservatives, but which are made from premium ingredients. And pasteurization? Nope, not for these guys.
Rightly proud of its numerous championship brews (craft brewing is serious business), the company’s signature beers include a premium lager popular for its malty, balanced flavour and a bold, dark and moderately fruity ale boasting distinct hints of caramel and chocolate that have both won Ontario Brewing Awards gold medals.
Muskoka Brewery’s current crop of brews (including some of its seasonal offerings) include the following:
- Muskoka Cream Ale – The company’s first (and best-selling) offering is a crisp and refreshingly hopped British-style cream ale boasting a friendly malt balance that’s popular with craft brew fans.
- Muskoka Summerweiss – Unfiltered and naturally hazy with a perfect balance of wheat, barley and subtle hopping makes for an intriguingly aromatic and flavourful brew.
- Moonlight Kettle – This refreshing American pale ale is the perfect summer brew, and contains a tasty 4 per cent mix of lemongrass and cucumber juice and lemongrass.
- Legendary Oddity – Boasting an ‘odd’ blend of heather tips, juniper berries and orange peel shavings, this beer’s slightly sweet, woodsy flavour gets an added touch of uniqueness from Belgian candi sugar and boasts a 7.1 per cent alcohol kick.
- Mad Tom IPA – Dry-hopped with Chinook and Centennial hops, Mad Tom boasts a rare depth of flavour and a crisp, citrusy undertow.
Find out more at www.muskokabrewery.com
Contributor Andrew Wagner-Chazalon provides this update on the Canadian Opera Company’s plans for a return to (near) normal in 2022
Long-time Muskoka cottager and now full-time resident, real estate agent Dee Dee Weiland shares her favourite things about marvellous Lake of Bays Ontario
Whether you live here full-time or are a cottager, Muskoka hospitals provide big city health care with small town compassion
The world’s most awarded single malt whisky is launching the holiday season’s most anticipated drink: the Glenfiddich Grand Cru 23 Year Old
Riley’s Automotive Editor ponders selling the farm to purchase what could perhaps be the unbeatable Ferrari office chair: The Cockpit