Muskoka Brewery has worked hard to ensure its name is synonymous with cottage country. Founded in Bracebridge in 1996, the company focuses on brewing high-quality innovative craft beers that are not only free of additives and preservatives, but which are made from premium ingredients. And pasteurization? Nope, not for these guys.
Rightly proud of its numerous championship brews (craft brewing is serious business), the company’s signature beers include a premium lager popular for its malty, balanced flavour and a bold, dark and moderately fruity ale boasting distinct hints of caramel and chocolate that have both won Ontario Brewing Awards gold medals.
Muskoka Brewery’s current crop of brews (including some of its seasonal offerings) include the following:
- Muskoka Cream Ale – The company’s first (and best-selling) offering is a crisp and refreshingly hopped British-style cream ale boasting a friendly malt balance that’s popular with craft brew fans.
- Muskoka Summerweiss – Unfiltered and naturally hazy with a perfect balance of wheat, barley and subtle hopping makes for an intriguingly aromatic and flavourful brew.
- Moonlight Kettle – This refreshing American pale ale is the perfect summer brew, and contains a tasty 4 per cent mix of lemongrass and cucumber juice and lemongrass.
- Legendary Oddity – Boasting an ‘odd’ blend of heather tips, juniper berries and orange peel shavings, this beer’s slightly sweet, woodsy flavour gets an added touch of uniqueness from Belgian candi sugar and boasts a 7.1 per cent alcohol kick.
- Mad Tom IPA – Dry-hopped with Chinook and Centennial hops, Mad Tom boasts a rare depth of flavour and a crisp, citrusy undertow.
Find out more at www.muskokabrewery.com
Cottage Country Class: The Best Luxury Hotels in Muskoka
Travel expert and luxury lifestyles guru Kim Kerr shares this list of the very best luxury hotels in Muskoka, Ontario, for a weekend getaway
The Best Comfort Food Restaurants in Muskoka
Guest Contributor Yana Yagupolsky shares this tempting list of favorite comfort food restaurants in Muskoka for 2023
The Best Gourmet Grocery Stores in Muskoka
Guest Contributor Yana Yagupolsky shares this list of the best gourmet grocery stores in Muskoka for foodies and kitchen creatives
Cottage Cravings: The Best Restaurants in Muskoka
Guest Contributor Yana Yagupolsky reveals our list of the top restaurants in Muskoka for incredible cottage country dining experiences
Top Things To Do in Muskoka at Christmas
The Top Things To Do in Muskoka at Christmas include Santa’s Village and a Muskoka Heritage Place Train Ride